Saturday, March 14, 2009

TIME TO MOVE ON
to
often it's difficult to decide when a piece is finished...
especially when it is a collage or an art quilt.
call me crazy...this morning I found myself asking my husband,
an attorney for a design opinion...
totot
when i was a student i had an instructor who would advise against
"putting everything in Hollywood" into one work of art.
-though sometimes it's a lot of fun-
i am confident that i have achieved all that and more
with this quilt...
it's time to move on...
quilt inspiration from Beryl Taylor
driftwood from Maine
totototoot
tomorrow we leave for Florida for a vacation
maybe take the kids to Disney
i am so ready for some sunny, warm weather
as it is still freezing here at night and
darn cold during the day!

10 comments:

Diane said...

This is gorgeous Lisa! I hope you & your family have a fabulous vacation!

nancy said...

i can't imagine this quit any other way, it is just stunning!
happy vacation, nancy

Ottilias Veranda said...

Lovely! You are so talanted! I sometimes have difficulties too to decide when a piece is finnished...I use a trick though that helpes me to see my work with other eyes. Look at Your work in the mirror! We all have one eye, right or left, that is the dominant one. By looking in the mirror You change "eyes". Funny but it works!

Liisa

KV said...

Exquisitely done, Lisa!


Kathy V in NM

Terri said...

Now this is wonderful!!

Barb said...

Your quilt is amazing - luv it!

Debrina said...

Oooooohhhh - found you through Altered Bits! Glad I did! I've done many an art heart - your quilt/collage reminds me of my small canvases work: I always manage to find a place 4 at least 1 heart. I call mine "small canvases" because they also come out looking like quilted paper pieces!! Lol!

Have listed you on my blog; you're certainly one to follw!!

Debrina said...

Ha! I've also just noticed we have the same fairy backgrounds! Coincidence???

shebrews said...

this is really special. Lots of details and emotion. this should get into some publication. try the new Art Quilt by Stampington and company for fall.

ArtPropelled said...

This is absolutely charming. I'm loving browsing through your art.

NeoCounter